Monday, June 5, 2017

Diary of a Binge


Diary of a Binge... 
I follow JUDDD, an up / dn pattern of eating, dovetailing it with CAD. Today was a planned 2200 calorie day. Spent the day out with a friend, I followed the "rules" of the basic CAD, ending my meal with dessert at around 4 pm, calories spot on. It was a good day, with a pat on the back.
At 7 pm, I showed DH a package of Dreamsicle flavored licorice I found at Walmart today, offered him one, and he said it was "close" to the real thing, telling me, "Come on, try one." I told him no, because if I did, an hour later I'd be sniffing out the kitchen looking for more, "Please don't push it."
"Come on, it's an up day. So what. It's only 55 calories. Come on." So I had one. It WAS good.
An hour later, I found myself in the kitchen eating a big bowl of Lucky Charms. Then I saw the bag of tortilla chips, calling my name. Haven't had those in ages. Probably going to be outdated soon. Those would be so good with refried beans and cheese, dab of sour cream. Mmmmm Made up a plate, figuring, I've already blown it.
It's just one piece of licorice, right? I'm like an alcoholic. As long as I stick with the CAD prescribed hour, I have more control. Outside of that hour, especially still early in the evening, it's just asking for trouble.
Tomorrow's another day.

UPDATE:  Next day, ended with 900 low carb calories, stuck to my plan.  ðŸ˜€