Tuesday, June 13, 2017

The Elephant in Every Diet Forum: Weight Regain


     My hobby horse is the elephant in the room in every diet forum: post diet regain. Why do I keep bringing it up?  From age 15-22, I lost 60 pounds, and I don't want to have to lose it again for a third time! No one wants to hear me say that statistically 98% regain their lost weight by year five. If we keep our heads in the sand, good luck with that.
     Staggeringly, 90% begin regaining almost as soon as they arrive at goal, gaining it all by year's end, usually with a bit more in tow. If that's the case, it stands to reason that once you get to goal, you MUST be more alert than ever. Get your head out of the sand and plan ahead. Fail to plan or you may as well plan to fail.
     My plan is to continue maintaining... one carb at a time. I refuse to go the keto or LCHF route. They don't have any better stats than I do, so why suffer?


     This is a good video about how to help prevent regain.  Lots of wise information: