Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Recommended Reading

      The main issue that I find coming from a formerly morbidly obese perspective, is that people like me struggle much more achieving the "full" feeling with my allotted food, than does the average person who's lost 40 lbs or less.  Sure, if I went paleo or LCHF, Weight Watchers, Zeal, Advocare, etc., I would have more of a handle on this, but as my husband often says, "My God can do better than that!"  And it doesn't cost a penny, beyond the purchase of a book (perhaps) to get you going, knowledgeable and encouraged.  (Paleo and LCHF is not a long term solution unless you have nerves of steel or a great amount of self control.
     It is not a coincidence that only 98-99% of weight losers maintain their lost weight.  Eventually, the vast majority cave into the goodies of their youth or the decadent desserts of their skinny friends.  If you're able to set aside your love for the tastier foods of this world, all power to you!  But for those out there, like me who just love to eat, there is a way to work this out to both eat food you love AND maintain your weight.
      I have struggled to find the key to satiety, fiddling with every diet expert ideas out there and their opinions.  Anymore, I take the opinions of diet experts with a grain of salt unless they have come from a similar background or knowledge base.  Experience means far more to me than opinion.
      These books were written by those who fall into the tried-and-true category, those who deserve my respect.  They all know their stuff and are not just trying to sell a book.  Not in any particular order of preference: